Chatta complies with the principles and requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and Data Protection generally. This extends to, but is not exclusive to, all data relating to our employees, clients, other associated individuals and companies, and suppliers. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
All confidential or potentially confidential information disclosed by clients shall be kept secret and confidential and shall not be used for any purposes other than those required or permitted in agreement with the client’s designated contract manager and shall not be disclosed to any third party except insofar as this may be required for the proper operation of the contract.
Chatta retains the right at all times to terminate subscriptions of schools nurseries and other users which fail to maintain contact with Chatta at least every 3 months. There will be no refunds for failing to respond or engage with Chatta regularly throughout the subscription and the cost of a full 12 month subscription will apply. If no contact is received after 3 months Chatta will make contact with the subscriber by email, telephone and post to try to re-establish communication.
Chatta customers may cancel a subscription at any time by providing 3 full months notice in writing or by email. No refunds will be given for cancellation. If fees are overdue, payable fees will be calculated on a monthly pro-rata basis to include the notice period and will also include a set-up and administration fee of 33.3% of the agreed annual subscription price.
Chatta subscription costs any associated additional training and resources costs are active and enforceable upon receipt of a confirmed order from the client.
Payment is due within 14 days of the date of invoice. Payments that are overdue by more than 30 days will incur an additional charge of 10% plus interest at 10% pe annum.
Intellectual Property Rights
Reliance On Information Posted
Our Website Changes Regularly
Viruses, Hacking And Other Offences
Linking To Our Website
Links From Our Website
Transfer Of Rights And Obligations
Events Outside Our Control
Third Party Rights
Law And Jurisdiction
Chatta – Terms of Licence and Use
This Agreement details the licence we grant you and governs your use of Chatta. By using Chatta you are agreeing either yourself or on behalf of your establishment to the terms that appear below whether you or your establishment have purchased or another party, e.g. your Local Authority, is paying for the subscription.
1. You can use Chatta with limited functionality for free, but for access to most of the features you will need to pay an annual subscription.
2. Your subscription is limited to the agreed setting (which doesn’t extend to chains, federations etc. unless specifically agreed in writing), can’t be transferred to anyone else, and can only be used on the number of devices that you’ve bought a subscription for.
3. When your subscription expires we will keep your data for 30 days, but after that we reserve the right to delete it.
4. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and logins secure and for using PIN codes where possible.
5. You are also responsible for keeping a record of all devices on which Chatta is installed.
6. We will do our best to make sure that all the information and guidance in Chatta is accurate, but this doesn’t amount to a warranty.
7. We will try to make sure that Chatta is available as close to 100% of the time as we can, but we can’t be liable for any losses that result if the service is unavailable.
8. We will do everything we reasonably can to keep your data secure and we will take all reasonable steps to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
9. If you wish to make a legal claim which relates to your use of Chatta, the most you will be able to recover is the amount you have paid in any given subscription period for Chatta. We won’t be liable for any pure economic loss you suffer in any circumstances.
11. Chatta can accept no responsibility for misuse or abuse of the app by any individual.
12. Chatta can accept no responsibility for “chats” created using the Chatta app, and their subsequent distribution and redistribution. Schools and settings must establish and enforce their own policy on the sharing of “chats”. A sample policy is available on the Chatta website.
All data transmitted by you is held securely in our data centres within the European Union.
Communication with the website is encrypted.
During normal use of the pp, evidence photos and attainment data is transmitted from the app to our secure data centres.
Photographs of children should not be shared via the app, unless prior written permission has been received from the parent/carer. Refer to your setting’s policy on “Acceptable use of Electronic Communications” for further information.
This data available on the website is only to users with the generated address.
The data stored in our data centres is used for no other purpose than to provide the services available in the App and associated website (www.chattalearning.com)
All staff using the App should be subject to their setting’s policy on “Acceptable use of Electronic Communications”.
Please see here for our full privacy statement.