Training & Certificate
Childminders Training & Certificate
This training is an essential introduction to working with chatta.
The training is presented as videos and slides with consolidation points and is supported by the chatta childminder guide.
Participants should follow the sequence of activities. The slides, links, videos and text combine to form a full training activity, with brief consolidation activities.
The training can be completed in one session or paused and revisited to enable flexible completion.
The training focuses on the development of early spoken communication and the importance of storytelling and oral narrative. The processes which form chatta’s unique teaching approach and the ways chatta can support progress for all children are highlighted.
There are also sections featuring the chatta app ‘how to’ video guides’ which focus on features and functions of the chatta app. This provides the tools necessary to fully implement chatta for childminders.
- What is chatta
- Why use chatta
- The chatta approach (Examples from childminders using chatta)
- Chatta App
- How the chatta works
- Working with Parents and Carers
On completion of the “chatta childminder” training the participant will be able to:
- Use the chatta approach when working with children
- Use chatta to support partnerships with parents and carers
- Identify the best ways the chatta approach and resources can make an impact
- Understand how an ongoing partnership with the chatta support team will maximise the impact of chatta’s approach, training and resources.