Giving children the best start in life
As technology is reshaping the way we communicate and interact – oracy has never been more important. Speaking is one of the biggest indicators of success in later life.
Increasingly, evidence and research highlights “oral narrative competence” forms the basis for future writing competence.
The chatta approach gives every child a voice. It combines experiences, knowledge and understanding with modelled language and oral rehearsal.
Chatta presents a powerful and accessible innovation in terms of linking learning, language and working memory
Chris Williams, Chatta Founder
Oracy across the curriculum
By making oracy across the curriculum a clear focus chatta will:
- Engage every learner in talk
- Allow pupils to focus and organise their thoughts.
- Provide a clear focus for dialogue to take place
- Enable pupils to rehearse explanations and articulate their understanding
- Build confidence in using sequenced oral narrative language
- Encourage pupils to reflect on, review and improve oral language – in a similar way to the way written work is redrafted.